New SERF WHS Online Induction
Date: 20 March 2012
The 2012 SERF WHS Online Induction is now available for completion. This induction is required for all QUT staff and students before visiting the property.
This is an annual requirement so even if you have completed the test or been to SERF previously, you must NOW complete the 2012 online induction.
The induction can be found on the QUT blackboard site under SEF - Samford Ecological Research Facility - General Induction.
There are separate inductions for students and staff (supervisors will have to do both).
Please click on the link below:
Blackboard can sometimes be quite ambiguous to use, so please follow these instructions carefully:
1. Enrol in the community first, so click the Self Enrol link at the top of the window,
2. Read the "SERF General Safety Induction 2012" document prior to starting the test.
3. Click on the test as either a SERF Student/Researcher or SERF Supervisor
4. Once you have completed the test you will receive an email with an attached PDF certificate (approx. 2 hours after completing the test questions)
5. Sign your certificate and bring it to me (Annabelle) at ISR, D Block, Gardens Point Campus, Level 3 reception to get your BLUE sticker attached to your student or staff card.
It is the responsibility of all Supervisors to ensure that all their students have completed the test and received their BLUE sticker prior to attending the property.
The SERF online induction is mandatory prior to SERF facility access.
For any queries, please contact the SERF Outreach Leader, Annabelle Ramsay on 07 3138 7009 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content sourced from QUT News Web Service.